- 500 gm pineapple, core removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mint (firmly packed)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 75 gm panela sugar (see note) (⅓ cup)
- 200 ml cachaça (see note)
- To serve: chilled soda water and Angostura bitters
- 1Muddle pineapple, mint, lime and sugar in a jug, add cachaça, divide among glasses filled with ice, add soda and bitters to taste, serve.
Note Panela sugar is available from select delicatessens. If cachaça, a spirit made from fresh sugarcane juice, is unavailable, substitute dark rum.