Due to its alcoholic content, this sorbet is extremely soft. Make sure to scoop it at the last minute to avoid it melting too quickly.
- 2 each white and yellow peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 white nectarines, cut into wedges
Pinot and vanilla sorbet
- 150 gm caster sugar
- 500 ml pinot noir
- 110 gm (½ cup) caster sugar
- 40 ml pinot noir
- 1For pinot and vanilla sorbet, combine sugar, vanilla seeds and 125ml hot water in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until sugar dissolves (1-2 minutes). Pour into a bowl placed over ice. Add pinot and stir until chilled (2-4 minutes), then churn in an ice-cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze until required.
- 2Meanwhile, for pinot syrup, combine sugar, rind, reserved vanilla pod and 2 tbsp hot water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves (1-2 minutes), then pour into a bowl placed over ice. Stir until cool, then add pinot. Just before serving, add fruit and serve chilled with sorbet.