Pork, fruit and nuts form a wonderful combination of flavours and textures. For best results, use a nice fatty piece of heritage-breed free-range pork.
- 1 kg piece of pork belly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 yellow peaches, halved, stones removed
- frisée salad (optional), To serve
- 140 gm pistachios, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 70 gm coarse fresh breadcrumbs (1 cup)
- of 1 lemon, Finely grated rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1Preheat oven to 150C. Place pork in a 3-litre baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and roast until very tender (3 hours). Remove pork skin (discard) and set pork aside.
- 2For pistachio crust, increase oven to 190C. Combine ingredients in a bowl with enough juices (at least 1 tbsp) from the base of the baking dish to allow the crust to stay together, then press onto pork belly. Add peach halves to baking dish, then return to oven and roast until crust is golden and crisp and peaches are tender (15-20 minutes).
- 3Serve pork belly and roasted peaches drizzled with juices from the baking dish, along with a simply dressed frisée salad.
This recipe is from the February 2012 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm