This recipe makes enough dough for 4 pizzas.
- 15 gm dried yeast
- 400 gm strong plain flour
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Combine yeast and 40ml water in a small bowl and stir until yeast dissolves. Add 2 tbsp flour and stir until combined. Cover and stand in a warm place for 30 minutes or until foamy.
- 2Place remaining flour in a large bowl, make a well in the centre and add yeast mix, 1½ tsp sea salt and 200ml water. Mix together, then knead on a lightly floured work surface for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Divide into 4 and place on a greased oven tray, brush with oil, cover with a tea towel and stand in a warm place for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
This recipe is from the May 2006 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesLamb rack with piquillo peppers, rocket and burghulYesterday 5:00am