- 4 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 50 gm butter
- 2 kg green peas, podded
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 3 kg <a href="http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/poached_ocean_trout.htm">poached ocean trout</a>
- 75 ml white wine vinegar
- 75 ml white wine
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 10 black peppercorns
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 ml clarified butter (see note)
- 1Sauté shallots in butter in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft, add peas and stock and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender and stock has almost reduced. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, set aside and keep warm.
- 2For hollandaise, combine vinegar, wine, shallots and peppercorns in a small saucepan, simmer over medium heat and reduce by half, then strain into a large heatproof bowl. Add egg yolks and whisk over a saucepan of gently simmering water until pale and frothy and thick enough to hold a ribbon when drizzled from the whisk. Remove from heat, gradually whisk in butter and season to taste.
- 3Serve fish with peas and hollandaise.
Note For clarified butter, melt 250gm cold cubed butter over low heat for 10 minutes, pour into a jug, stand, skim surface, then pour off clear butter and reserve, discarding milk fat.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Hotel AwardsAustralia's Hotel of the Year for 2018 is revealedYesterday 10:00pm