Tom Lovelock, a friend and MoMo barman, dreamt up this Turkish-inspired cocktail as seen in by Greg and Lucy Malouf.
- ½ lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 50 ml vodka
- 30 ml pomegranate juice (see note)
- 1 tsp caster sugar or sugar syrup (see note)
- To serve: crushed ice
- 1Place two wedges of lime in a cocktail shaker with the vodka, pomegranate juice and sugar or syrup. Muddle the ingredients together, then add plenty of ice and shake well. Strain into a lowball glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with the remaining 2 lime wedges.
Pomegranate juice is available from greengrocers and select delicatessens. Sugar syrup is equal parts sugar and water brought to the boil until sugar dissolves, and cooled.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am