This Vietnamese-inspired salad is even more moreish with the addition of crisp pork rind.
- 350 gm pork rind (see note)
- 20 small cooked prawns, peeled
- 1½ cups (loosely packed) watercress sprigs
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint leaves
- 150 gm bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Cut pork rind into 6cm-long strips, place in a single layer on an oven tray and roast until crisp (25-30 minutes), then set aside to cool completely.
- 2For chilli dressing, combine fish sauce, sugar, lemon juice and 40ml water in a bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar, then add garlic and chilli and set aside.
- 3Combine pork rind, prawns, watercress, mint and bean sprouts, drizzle with chilli dressing, toss to combine, serve immediately.
Note Pork rind or skin is available from select butchers. You may need to order it in advance.