Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 20-30 minutes before using to prevent burning.
- 340 gm piece of pork shoulder, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 fresh chorizo sausages, sliced into 3cm pieces
- 250 gm rabbit, cut into 3cm cubes (see note)
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
Beetroot, apple and watercress salad
- 2 small beetroots, boiled, peeled and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 granny smith apple, cut widthways into 5mm slices
- 2 cups watercress sprigs (firmly packed)
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1½ tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1For paprika oil, combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Combine pork, chorizo and rabbit in a bowl, add half the paprika oil, season to taste with sea salt, stir to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Thread 2 pieces each of pork, rabbit and chorizo in alternate layers onto 8 wooden skewers, reserving marinade, and set aside.
- 3For beetroot, apple and watercress salad, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Preheat a barbecue to medium heat. Grill skewers, basting occasionally with marinade, for 4-5 minutes each side. Serve drizzled with remaining paprika oil and beetroot salad.
Rabbit is available from butchers and may need to be ordered ahead. Ask butcher to debone it for you. Reserve remaining meat for another use or substitute with chicken.
Drink Suggestion: Citrussy pinot gris. Drink suggestion by Andy Harris