- 1 large desiree potato (about 500gm), scrubbed, unpeeled
- 100 gm pecorino semistagionato (see note), sliced
- 90 gm taleggio, rind removed, broken into small pieces
- 100 gm prosciutto crudo slices (about 6), coarsely torn
- 1 tbsp rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing and drizzling
- 16 gm (about 2 sachets) dry yeast
- 300 gm “00” flour
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For pizza dough, combine yeast and 170ml lukewarm water in a bowl and stand until foamy (5-10 minutes). Place flour on a work surface and make a well in the centre. Add oil, yeast mixture and a large pinch of salt to the well and incorporate flour from the sides with a fork until a dough forms, then knead until smooth (3-5 minutes). Place in an oiled bowl, cover and stand in a warm place until doubled in size (30 minutes-1 hour).
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 250C. Place two heavy-based oven trays in oven to heat. Place potato in a saucepan, cover completely with cold water, bring to the boil over medium-high heat and cook until just tender (15-20 minutes). Drain, thinly slice and set aside.
- 3Knock back dough and knead until smooth, divide in half, then roll out each half to a 26cm-diameter circle. Remove trays from oven and brush with oil, then carefully place one dough base on each tray, keeping the shape. Scatter with potato, top with cheeses, prosciutto and rosemary. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and bake until golden and bubbly (12-15 minutes, swapping halfway through cooking). Serve immediately.
Note Pecorino semistagionato is a semi-mature pecorino, available from Italian delicatessens.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm