This potato salad is simple to make, but its key ingredients offer plenty of gutsy flavours.
- 6 kipfler potatoes (about 900gm), unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp drained capers in vinegar
- 1 frisée
- 2 cups (loosely packed) mâche
- 14 anchovy fillets
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 250 ml (1 cup) olive oil
- 1Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook until just tender (15-20 minutes), then cool in water and when cool enough to handle, drain, thinly slice and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, for anchovy dressing, process anchovies, garlic and lemon juice in a blender until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil in a thin stream until combined, season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat, add capers, cook until crisp (2-4 minutes). Drain on absorbent paper, set aside.
- 4Combine sliced potato, lettuces and capers in a bowl, drizzle with half the dressing, toss gently to combine, transfer to a platter. Serve scattered with baby red chard with extra dressing to the side.