Breakfast tacos are the bomb. If you're feeling adventurous, you could make your own tortillas, but bought work well.
- 2 potatoes (200gm each), peeled and cut into 2cm-3cm dice
- 8 tortillas (we used corn)
- 1½ tbsp neutral oil, such as vegetable or grapeseed
- 2 smoked chorizo (130gm each), diced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed with a mortar and pestle
- 1 tsp paprika
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 1 avocado, cut into 2cm dice
- Coriander and lime wedges, to serve
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1Place potato in a large saucepan of cold water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil, then boil until potatoes are tender (4-6 minutes). Drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, for salsa verde, combine ingredients in a bowl with 2-3 tbsp water and season to taste with salt.
- 3Heat a char-grill pan or frying pan over high heat and cook tortillas until warm (1-2 minutes each side). Wrap in a clean tea towel to keep warm and soft.
- 4Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add chorizo and fry until browned (2-3 minutes). Add cumin and stir until toasted (1 minute), then add potato and paprika and fry, stirring, until potato is well coated (2-3 minutes). Add spinach and stir until wilted (1 minute), then transfer mixture to bowl and wipe out pan.
- 5Add remaining oil to pan over medium-high heat, then add egg and cook without stirring for 1 minute, then stir continuously until just beginning to set (2-3 minutes). Add potato mixture and stir into egg, then divide among tortillas. Top with avocado, salsa verde and coriander and serve with lime wedges and remaining salsa.
Drink Suggestion: A glass of fino sherry. Drink suggestion by Max Allen.