- 100 gm fine cracked wheat (bulghur)
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 medium green prawns, peeled, cleaned, tails intact
- 25 gm haloumi, thinly sliced
- of 1 lemon, or to taste, Juice
- 400 gm seedless watermelon, thinly sliced
- ½ small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup each coarsely torn mint and flat-leaf parsley
- of ½ pomegranate, Seeds
- 1Soak cracked wheat in cold water until tender (8-10 minutes), drain well, set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, heat 30ml olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add prawns and cook, turning once, until pink (1-2 minutes each side), transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 3Wipe out pan with absorbent paper, return pan to the heat, add 30ml olive oil and haloumi and cook, turning once, until golden (1-2 minutes each side). Remove from heat, squeeze over a little lemon juice, then arrange haloumi on platter, layering with prawns, watermelon and onion. Combine herbs, pomegranate and cracked wheat, season to taste and scatter over salad.
- 4Return pan to heat, add remaining olive oil and lemon juice, season to taste. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.