A big bowl of cooked prawns requires little work or embellishment - just a simple sauce and a salad.
- 1 daikon, cut into julienne, placed in iced water
- 4 cups (firmly packed) watercress
- 2 iceberg lettuces, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp toasted or black sesame seeds
- 2 kg large cooked unpeeled prawns
- To serve: lime wedges
Spicy lime mayonnaise
- 80 ml lime juice (1/3 cup)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 600 ml olive oil
- 110 gm sriracha (see note)
- 1For mayonnaise, process juice, yolks and garlic in a food processor until smooth, then, with motor running, gradually add oil in a thin steady stream until thick. Add sriracha, process to combine, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- 2Toss daikon, watercress, lettuce, spring onion and sesame seeds in a bowl to combine. Serve with prawns, spicy lime mayonnaise and lime wedges.
Note Sriracha is a Thai chilli sauce; it's available from Asian grocers.
Drink Suggestion: Zesty Clare Valley riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen