This is the perfect do-ahead dessert: the jellies keep for five days, as will the granita. Despite its simplicity, it delivers big on both flavour and refreshment. Begin a day ahead to set the jellies and freeze the granita.
- 750 ml prosecco
- 165 gm caster sugar (3/4 cup)
- 7 titanium-strength gelatine leaves, softened in cold water for 5 minutes
- 110 gm caster sugar (½ cup)
- 375 ml soda water (1½ cups)
- 100 ml ruby grapefruit juice
- 80 ml Aperol
- 1Bring prosecco, sugar and 250ml water to the boil in a saucepan, then remove from heat, squeeze excess water from gelatine and stir into prosecco mixture to dissolve. Divide jelly evenly among eight small glasses (about 250ml each) and refrigerate overnight to set. Cover and refrigerate until required. Jellies will keep for 5 days.
- 2For Aperol granita, stir sugar and 125ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil, cook for 1 minute, then set aside to cool. Add remaining ingredients and place in a shallow metal tray and freeze overnight. Scrape into crystals with a fork, cover and freeze until required.
- 3To serve, fluff up Aperol granita with a fork, pile it on jellies and serve immediately.