- 1 tbsp butter
- 230 gm piece bacon cut into 3cm-long strips
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- 250 gm baby chat potatoes, boiled and halved
- 16 quail eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and halved
- 2 bunches baby beetroot, boiled, peeled and halved
- 400 gm mixed leaves, such as purslane, raddiccio, frisée and butter lettuce
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 ml white wine vinegar (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup mineral water
- 1Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat and sauté bacon strips for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- 2Heat olive oil in the same frying pan over medium heat and sauté potato halves for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3For dressing, whisk ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4To serve, place leaves, beetroot, eggs and bacon in a bowl or large platter, drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsThe Melbourne bakery that pipes fresh cannoli to orderYesterday 4:00am