- 300 ml white wine vinegar
- 150 gm caster sugar
- ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- 3 ripe but firm corella pears
- 1Combine vinegar, sugar, peppercorns and 200ml water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add pears, remove from heat and set aside to cool (1-2 hours), then refrigerate until chilled (1-2 hours). Serve with <b><a href="/recipes/recipe-search/masterclass/2010/8/pork-and-chicken-liver-terrine/">terrine</a></b>. Pickles are best eaten on day of making.
Note This recipe makes about 1 litre.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMargaret River travel guide: the best places to eatYesterday 10:48pm