- 4 corn cobs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 gm quinoa
- 6 rindless bacon rashers
- 140 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 70 gm roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (½ cup)
- 3 golden shallots, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- To serve: parmesan and finely chopped chives
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Drizzle corn cobs with oil, season to taste and roast, turning occasionally, until tender (20-25 minutes). Slice kernels off the cobs, place in a bowl and season to taste.
- 2Meanwhile, cook quinoa in unsalted boiling water until just tender (10-15 minutes), then drain well and set aside on a tray to steam dry (10 minutes).
- 3Fry bacon in a non-stick frying pan over high heat until crisp (4-6 minutes). Reserve pan fat and coarsely chop bacon.
- 4Combine extra-virgin olive oil, hazelnuts, shallot and lemon juice in a bowl with corn, quinoa, bacon and fat, and season to taste. Serve scattered with parmesan and chives to taste.
Drink Suggestion: Golden ale. Drink suggestion by Max Allen