Seaweed is the new black. The dried form can be found in the Asian section of supermarkets and keeps a long time in the pantry. Keep a few packets handy to add to salads like this, and experiment with mixing different kinds together. Given its ocean origin, this salad goes extremely well with all kinds of seafood.
- 50 gm dried wakame
- 700 gm radish, trimmed, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 pears (such as Packham), shaved on a mandolin
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp shiro miso
- 1Place wakame in a large bowl, cover with warm water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes, then drain well. Combine radishes and pears in a large bowl, then add drained seaweed.
- 2For miso dressing, combine soy sauce, rice wine and cider vinegar in a bowl with 2 tbsp water. Add miso and whisk to combine.
- 3Arrange salad in a large serving bowl or on a plate, drizzle with miso dressing and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am