- 220 gm caster sugar (1 cup)
- 500 gm raspberries
- 1 tbsp Cointreau
- 6 eggs
- 165 gm caster sugar (¾ cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 gm plain flour (1 cup)
- ¼ tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1For sponge cake, preheat oven to 180C. Using an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar until thick and pale and doubled in volume. Add vanilla and whisk until just combined. Sift one-third of flour over beaten egg mixture and fold in gently to combine, then sift remaining flour over, add lemon rind and melted butter and fold in gently to combine. Pour mixture into a lightly greased and floured 22cm springform pan and bake for 40 minutes or until golden and centre springs back when lightly pressed. Stand for 20 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- 2Combine sugar and 2 cups cold water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat, cook for 2 minutes, then add half the raspberries and cook for 6 minutes, remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Add remaining raspberries and Cointreau.
- 3Using a serrated knife cut sponge into ½ cm-thick slices, then cut into pieces to line the sides and bases of four 200ml capacity dariole moulds. Spoon raspberries and most of the juice evenly among moulds and place a piece of sponge to cover top. Drizzle with remaining juice, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 4To serve, unmould puddings onto serving plates and serve with double cream.