- 1 bunch snake beans, cut into 7cm pieces
- 400 gm thin rice vermicelli
- 450 gm pineapple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small red chillies, seeds removed and thinly sliced lengthways
- ½ cup holy basil leaves (loosely packed)
Prawn coconut sauce
- ½ cup small dried prawns, soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes, drained
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 500 ml coconut cream (2 cups)
- 800 gm medium green prawns, peeled, intestinal tracts removed, tails intact
- 1For prawn coconut sauce, process prawns in a food processor until finely chopped. Combine in a saucepan with remaining ingredients (except fresh prawns) and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked.
- 2Meanwhile bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat, add snake beans and cook for 4-5 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold running water. Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water and stand for 5 minutes, then drain in a colander and refresh under cold running water.
- 3Divide noodles among plates, arrange pineapple, beans and chillies on top and ladle over sauce, scatter with holy basil and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Off-dry riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chef's RecipesIcebergs' ricotta with white poached quince and honeyYesterday 10:14pm