- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 500 gm mixed winter greens, such as cavolo nero, silverbeet or chicory
- 400 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500 gm ricotta
- 100 gm parmesan, finely grated
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 marinated artichoke, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped marjoram
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 70 gm butter, melted
- 1Cook eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, cool in iced water, then peel.
- 2Coarsely tear leaves of greens, steam for 1-2 minutes or until wilted, transfer to a colander to cool, then squeeze to remove excess water.
- 3Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add leek and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes or until very soft. Transfer to a food processor, add greens, process until finely chopped, transfer to a large bowl, add cheeses, vegetables and marjoram, combine and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Preheat oven to 180C. Place a 20cm-diameter metal ring on a baking paper-lined oven tray, brush with butter, line with a piece of filo, allowing excess to overhang, brush with butter and top with filo. Repeat with remaining filo and butter, finishing with filo.
- 5Spoon 2/3 of ricotta mixture into ring, smooth surface, then using a spoon create 6 wells around edges. Place eggs in wells, then spoon over remaining ricotta mixture, smoothing top. Fold in overhanging pastry, brushing with butter between each layer, pleating as you go. Brush top with butter and bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsThe restaurant kitchens that are going plastic-freeYesterday 3:00am