- 110 gm golden caster sugar (½ cup)
- 11 apricots, halved and stones removed
- 180 ml dessert wine (¾ cup)
- 1 lemon, juice and zested rind only
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 300 ml thickened cream, lightly whipped to soft peaks
- To serve: flaked almonds, roasted
- 1Preheat oven to 190C. Scatter sugar over the base of a roasting tray large enough to hold apricots snugly. Place apricots cut-side down over sugar, press firmly to coat with sugar, then turn over. Drizzle dessert wine and lemon juice over and around apricots, scatter with lemon rind and thyme and roast for 25 minutes or until apricots are just cooked. Cool completely.
- 2Process 4 roasted apricot halves and 2 tbsp roasting juices in a food processor until smooth. Fold through whipped cream to form a ripple.
- 3To serve, divide apricots and roasting juices among bowls, serve with apricot fool and scatter with almonds.