- 1 head of cauliflower
- For drizzling: extra virgin-olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 100 g almond meal
- 200 g extra-virgin olive oil
- To taste: brown rice vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1For the almond sauce, place the almond meal in a saucepan with 150ml water and a little of the oil and heat gently until the almond just starts to swell (this makes it easier to blend). Pour almond mixture into a blender and process to a smooth paste, then season to taste with brown rice vinegar and sea salt. With the blender running, add the egg yolks, then add the oil in a thin, steady stream until thick and creamy, check seasoning and set aside at room temperature.
- 2Peel off the large outer leaves, then quarter the cauliflower, remove some of the core and steam on high for around 10 minutes or until a skewer goes into the stem easily. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 3Heat the oven to as hot as you can get it. Place the steamed cauliflower in a roasting tray or a cast-iron pan and roast until it's dark golden brown (10-15 minutes; any charred parts are fine and add flavour).
- 4Remove from the oven and dress simply with olive oil and lemon juice, and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- 5Cover a plate with the almond sauce and sit the cauliflower on top, and scatter with almonds and mint.