- 500 gm kipfler potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthways
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- 3 baby fennel bulbs, cut into wedges
- 2 Spanish onions, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, juice and finely grated rind
- 4 chicken marylands
- 125 ml dry white wine (½ cup)
- To serve: lightly dressed rocket leaves
- 30 gm day-old crustless sourdough bread, coarsely torn
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 25 ml tarragon or white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup each (loosely packed) of tarragon and flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Place potatoes in a saucepan of hot salted water over high heat, bring to the boil and drain.
- 2Pour 80ml olive oil in a roasting pan and place in oven for five minutes or until hot. Add potato, fennel, onion and lemon rind to pan, shake to toss lightly in oil and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place chicken, skin-side up on top of vegetables. Pour over wine and lemon juice, drizzle chicken with remaining olive oil and season to taste. Cover tightly with aluminium foil and roast for 25 minutes, remove foil and roast until golden (about 10 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, for tarragon sauce, soak bread in lemon juice and vinegar for five minutes or until soft, transfer to a food processor. Add herbs and garlic and process until coarsely chopped, then add olive oil in a steady stream and process to combine. Season to taste and set aside.
- 4To serve, divide vegetables among plates, top with chicken, drizzle with tarragon sauce and serve with lightly dressed rocket leaves.