This simple side makes a great accompaniment to a roast chook or a piece of crisp-skinned pan-roasted snapper. Add a green salad and dinner's done.
- 1 kg floury potatoes, such as bintje, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated
- 2 chorizo, thickly sliced
- 100 gm green Spanish olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 30 ml fino sherry
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- To serve: oregano
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Place potato in a large saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook until par-cooked (6-8 minutes), drain and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a roasting tray large enough to hold potato in a single layer in oven (4-5 minutes). Add potato and garlic, season to taste, stir to coat in oil and roast, stirring occasionally, until starting to turn golden (15-20 minutes). Add chorizo, roast until crisp (10-15 minutes). Stir in olives, sherry and vinegar, scatter with oregano and serve hot.