You may as well make extra use of the oven while you're roasting the turkey, so pop your spuds in at the same time and they'll have cooled down to just the right temperature by the time you serve this tangy salad.
- 1 kg chat potatoes, halved, or larger ones quartered
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon and juice of 2
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic head, halved
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 30 ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 40 gm sour cream
- ¾ cup each coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley and mint
- 1Combine potato, lemon rind and 30ml oil in a bowl, season to taste, toss to coat, then spread in a roasting pan. Add garlic, cut-side up, place in 200C oven with turkey and roast potato and garlic until browned and very tender (1¼-1½ hours for potato, 30-40 minutes for garlic). Place potatoes in a large bowl and set aside. Squeeze garlic from skins and add to potato.
- 2While potato is cooking, heat 20ml olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add leek and sauté until tender (3-4 minutes), then add wine and half the lemon juice and simmer until liquid is completely reduced (1-2 minutes). Add to potato and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 3Whisk mustard, vinegar and remaining lemon juice in a bowl to combine. Add remaining oil in a thin stream while whisking until incorporated, then whisk in sour cream.
- 4To serve, toss potato and leek mixture with salad cream to coat, add herbs and toss to combine, then serve with turkey and other side dishes.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am