- 8 whole red mullet (about 175gm each), cleaned
- 2 lemons, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 20 gm pine nuts
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1½ tbsp caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into julienne
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 30 gm currants
- 1For zucchini agrodolce, dry-roast pine nuts in a small frying pan over medium heat until golden (2-3 minutes), set aside. Bring vinegar and sugar to the simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, add garlic, season to taste. Remove from heat, stand for 5 minutes, whisk in oil. Combine zucchini and onion in a separate bowl, pour over vinegar mixture, toss to combine, and refrigerate until cooled to room temperature (10 minutes).
- 2Preheat oven to 220C. Score fish several times on each side and place in a roasting pan lined with baking paper. Halve one lemon lengthways, thinly slice widthways and stuff into fish cavities. Drizzle fish with oil and juice of one lemon, season to taste and roast until just cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- 3Toss pine nuts and currants through zucchini agrodolce, season to taste and serve with roast red mullet and lemon wedges.