- 1 side ocean trout (about 1.2kg), skin on, pin-boned
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Labne (about 1½ cups), nasturtium flowers and lemon wedges, to serve
Cucumber and preserved lemon salad
- 4 baby Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ½ fennel bub, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 2 cups (loosely packed) mixed herbs such as dill, chervil and chive batons
- 80 gm (¼ cup) roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Rind of ½ preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Large pinch of sumac
- 1Preheat oven to 130°C. Place trout, skin-side down on an oven tray lined with baking paper, brush with oil and season to taste. Roast until almost cooked through (20-25 minutes). Cover and set aside, or cool and refrigerate.
- 2For salad, combine mixed cucumbers, fennel, reserved fronds, herbs and almonds in a large bowl. Whisk remaining ingredients in a separate bowl to combine and season to taste.
- 3Gently slide skin from trout and discard (optional), then place trout on a platter. Top with spoonfuls of labne, then salad. Spoon over dressing, scatter with flowers and serve with lemon wedges.