- 4 zucchini, cut lengthways into wedges (see note)
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 120 gm crustless sourdough bread, coarsely torn
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup pea tendrils (loosely packed)
- 2 baby gem lettuce hearts, quartered (see note)
- 2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 salad onions, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 50 ml olive oil
- 30 ml verjuice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Toss zucchini and half the oil in a bowl, season to taste, spread in a roasting pan and roast until golden and tender (12-15 minutes). Drizzle with lemon juice and set aside to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, toss bread, lemon rind and remaining oil in a bowl, season to taste, spread in a roasting pan and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp (8-10 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- 3Blanch asparagus until just tender (2-3 minutes), drain, refresh and drain again. Transfer to a bowl, add zucchini, croûtons, pea tendrils, lettuce hearts, squash and onion, and toss lightly to combine.
- 4For verjuice dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine, and season to taste. Drizzle over zucchini mixture, toss lightly to combine and serve immediately.
Note We've used yellow and green zucchini in these recipes, but you can substitute any available zucchini. If gem lettuce is unavailable, substitute baby cos.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm