- 60 gm (about ½ bunch) each rocket and English spinach, stalks trimmed
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind and juice only
- 60 gm ricotta
- 30 gm pecorino pepato, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 1Blanch rocket and English spinach in a saucepan of boiling water until bright green (5-10 seconds), drain, rinse under cold running water, then squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- 2Preheat a grill to high. Heat olive oil in a 15cm-diameter ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic, stir occasionally until tender (3-4 minutes). Meanwhile, whisk eggs, lemon rind and juice together in a bowl, season to taste and add to pan, stirring quickly to combine. Scatter reserved rocket and spinach over egg, crumble over ricotta and scatter with pecorino. Cook until base begins to set (2-3 minutes), then grill until top is golden and frittata is set(4-5 minutes). Cut into wedges and serve immediately scattered with extra pecorino.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsAnthea Loucas Bosha named CEO of Food and Wine VictoriaYesterday 11:16pm