- 16 scampi, halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 figs, halved
- 2 cups (loosely packed) mesclun
- 1 baby fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 golden shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp tarragon, torn
- 75 gm pine nuts
- 40 gm pistachio nuts, plus extra coarsely chopped to serve
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 75 ml chardonnay vinegar
- 1For the salsa delicata, process nuts in a small food processor until finely chopped. Add oil, vinegar and 2 tbsp water, season to taste and process until smooth.
- 2Preheat oven to 200C, toss scampi halves with oil and garlic in an oven dish and roast cut-side up until just cooked (6-9 minutes). Cool briefly, then pull meat from shells. Set aside.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Add dressing to taste, then add scampi meat, toss to combine and sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts just before serving.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am