- 220 gm mixed edible succulents, such as rock samphire, marsh samphire, purslane and aptenia cordifolia (see note)
- 120 gm (½ cup, firmly packed) shredded wakame seaweed (see note)
- 80 gm (3 cups, loosely packed) young, tender warrigal greens (see note)
- 50 gm (2 cups) puffed white quinoa (see note)
- 30 pieces of sea urchin roe (from about 6 large sea urchins; see note)
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated light palm sugar
- 5 gm (1cm piece) ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh horseradish or wasabi root
- 1For lime and ginger dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- 2Combine succulents, wakame, warrigal greens and quinoa in a large bowl, add lime and ginger dressing, toss to combine, and serve topped with sea urchin roe.
Note Rock samphire, marsh samphire and purslane are available from select greengrocers. Aptenia cordifolia is available from select nurseries. Wakame seaweed is available from select Japanese grocers and seafood shops. Warrigal greens are available from Ilovewarrigalgreens.com.au and farmers' markets. Puffed white quinoa is available from select health-food shops. Sea urchins and sea urchin roe are available from select fishmongers.
Drink Suggestion: Champagne Drink suggestion by George Biron