- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Sichuan pepper, coarsely ground using a pestle and mortar
- 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 2.2 kg pork belly, skin scored
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 kohlrabi, thinly shaved
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1For pickled kohlrabi, combine all ingredients and 1 tsp sea salt in a bowl. Stand for 10 minutes to lightly pickle.
- 2Preheat oven to 250C. Combine salt and peppers in a bowl, reserve 1 tbsp, and rub remaining mixture all over pork skin and into the slits where pork is scored. Drizzle over oil and rub lightly. Place pork on a wire rack on an oven tray and roast until skin begins to crackle (about 30 minutes). Reduce oven to 180C and cook until just cooked through (1 hour 15 minutes). Cut pork into small pieces and serve immediately with lemon halves and pickled kohlrabi to the side.
Drink Suggestion: Young, chalky semillon. Drink suggestion by Max Allen