These are simple and super-easy to have on hand. For a quick dessert, they also make a very tasty ice-cream sandwich - try coconut or vanilla ice-cream.
- 220 gm brown sugar (1 cup)
- 60 gm softened butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 75 gm plain flour (½ cup)
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 70 gm roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 70 gm roasted salted peanuts (½ cup)
- 1Beat sugar and butter until pale (2-3 minutes), then beat in egg. Add flour, baking powder and ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, and beat to combine. Stir in sesame seeds and peanuts. Refrigerate until firm (1 hour).
- 2Preheat oven to 160C and line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, place on trays and press lightly to flatten. Bake, swapping trays halfway, until golden and crisp (12-15 minutes). Cool on trays for 5 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack. Biscuits will keep for 2 days in an airtight container.