- 1 kg Italian greens, such as cime di rapa, cavolo nero and chicory, trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Fried salami crumbs
- 80 ml olive oil (⅓ cup)
- 40 gm hot salami, thinly sliced, coarsely chopped
- 80 gm coarse fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1Blanch greens in boiling salted water until bright green (1-1½ minutes), drain well and set aside.
- 2For fried salami crumbs, heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add salami and fry until crisp (2-3 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate lined with absorbent paper. Heat remaining oil, add breadcrumbs to pan, stir until golden (1-2 minutes), stir in garlic and transfer to a large bowl. Add salami and lemon rind, stir to combine and set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add garlic and stir until fragrant (30 seconds), add greens, season to taste and stir occasionally until warmed through (2-3 minutes). Scatter with fried salami crumbs and serve warm.