- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon, plus extra to serve
- 10 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 16 plump scallops, roe and white muscle removed
- 16 thin slices flat pancetta
- 1Dry-roast coriander seeds (1 minute), then crush in a mortar and pestle. Combine in a bowl with oil, lemon juice and pepper, add scallops and toss to combine. Wrap each scallop in a slice of pancetta, secure with a toothpick and refrigerate until required.
- 2Preheat the flat grill of a barbecue to medium-high heat. Grill scallops until golden (2-3 minutes), then turn and grill until cooked medium-rare (1 minute). Squeeze extra lemon over to taste and serve hot.