- 40 ml olive oil
- 1 golden shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 zucchini flowers, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthways
- 6 scallops, trimmed
- 60 ml Champagne (¼ cup)
- Rind of ¼ of lemon, removed with a zester
- To serve: micro-herbs
- 1Heat half of the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add shallot and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until soft, add zucchini flowers and sauté for another 2-3 minutes or until just tender, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and divide among 2 small plates.
- 2Add remaining oil to same pan, place over high heat until very hot, sear scallops for 1 minute on each side but do not cook through. Remove from heat, arrange scallops over zucchini flowers. Add Champagne and rind to pan, return to heat to deglaze, then spoon sauce over scallops. Season to taste, scatter with micro-herbs and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Crisp blanc de blancs Champagne. Drink suggestion by Max Allen