- 625 ml milk (2½ cups)
- 120 gm honey (1/3 cup)
- 1 orange, rind finely grated
- 50 gm semolina
- 20 gm butter
- To serve: shelled pistachios
- 160 gm cumquats, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 220 gm caster sugar (1 cup)
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1For candied cumquats, place cumquats in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and stand until cool. Drain and repeat twice more. Combine sugar, ginger and 1¼ cups water in a saucepan and stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Add cumquats, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until fruit is translucent and liquid is syrupy. Candied cumquats can be made ahead and will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 3 months.
- 2Combine milk, honey and rind in a heavy-based saucepan and bring just to the boil over medium heat. Add semolina in a steady stream, and cook, stirring continuously, for 5-6 minutes or until thick and bubbling. Add butter, stir to combine, then divide among bowls, spoon over cumquats and syrup, scatter with pistachios and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am