- 225 gm sesame seeds (1½ cups)
- 75 gm sugar (1/3 cup)
- 250 ml honey (1 cup)
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind only
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1Combine ingredients in a large heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 160C on a sugar thermometer.
- 2Line a 20cm-square cake pan with baking paper. Pour mixture into pan and smooth top. Allow to cool slightly, then loosen edges from pan and, using a sharp knife, cut into diamonds. Place on baking paper to cool completely. Brittle will keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsAnthea Loucas Bosha named CEO of Food and Wine VictoriaYesterday 11:16pm