This dessert is set with just enough gelatine to make it melt in your mouth. If your strawberries are already sweet, don't add any sugar; just crush them with a fork. You'll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- 300 ml pouring cream
- 260 gm sheep’s milk yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 gelatine leaves (gold strength), softened in cold water
- 200 gm strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 50 gm hazelnuts
- 125 gm unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 100 gm sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 gm plain flour, sifted
- 1Whisk cream and yoghurt in a large bowl until smooth, set aside.
- 2Bring honey to a simmer in a small saucepan. Squeeze excess water from gelatine, add gelatine to honey and stir to dissolve. Stir honey mixture through yoghurt mixture, then divide among four 150ml-capacity dariole moulds. Refrigerate until set (6 hours-overnight).
- 3Meanwhile, for hazelnut biscuits, preheat oven to 180C. Spread hazelnuts on an oven tray and roast until golden (4-5 minutes), rub with a tea towel to remove skins, cool slightly, then process in a food processor until coarsely ground. Beat butter, sugar and a pinch of salt in an electric mixer until smooth, add egg, beat to combine. Scrape down sides of bowl, add flour and hazelnuts, then mix on low speed until incorporated. Shape dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick and cut out circles with an 8cm-diameter cutter. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper, bake until golden (8-10 minutes). Cool slightly on tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely (10-20 minutes). Biscuits will keep, stored in an airtight container, for up to1 week. Makes about 12 biscuits.
- 4Combine strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until syrupy (1-2 minutes), cool to room temperature. Dip bases of panna cotta moulds in warm water, turn out onto biscuits and serve with strawberries and syrup.
Drink Suggestion: Frothy, young moscato. Drink suggestion by Max Allen