T-bone steak is the obvious choice for grilling, but skirt, if you can get it, is full of flavour.
- 520 gm skirt steak, halved across the grain
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Anchovy and rosemary butter
- 100 gm unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1For anchovy and rosemary butter, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add anchovy, shallot, garlic and rosemary and sauté until shallot is soft (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and stir through mustard and vinegar. Set butter aside and keep warm until required.
- 2Preheat a char-grill over high heat, brush steak with olive oil, season to taste and cook until medium-rare (3-4 minutes each side). Place on a warmed plate, cover with foil and rest for 2 minutes, then serve with watercress sprigs and anchovy and rosemary butter.
Drink Suggestion: Bold young Chianti. Drink suggestion by Max Allen