Try some sea urchin roe with a little avocado and a dash of hot sauce in place of the salmon, or step away from the seafood theme with a vegetable topping, such as crushed peas with pecorino, a good grating of lemon rind and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 16 thin slices sourdough baguette (about ½ small baguette)
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 200 gm smoked salmon, torn
- 6 radishes, trimmed, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 160C. Brush bread slices with olive oil, place on an oven tray and bake, turning once, until golden and crisp (10-12 minutes). Rub with cut side of garlic.
- 2For citrus-marinated radish, combine ingredients in a bowl and stand for 10 minutes.
- 3To serve, spread crostini with a little goat’s curd, and top with smoked salmon and marinated radish.
Drink Suggestion: Blanc de noirs Champagne. Drink suggestion by Max Allen