The choice of potato is essential here. Russet Burbanks are great for a crisp texture. Pep them up with any spices you like.
- 4 large russet Burbank potatoes
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- For deep-frying: vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp smoked sea salt
- ¼ tsp smoked hot paprika
- 1Peel, then thinly slice potatoes on a mandolin and transfer to a bowl. Add vinegar and set aside to marinate (30 minutes). Drain and pat dry.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep-fryer to 160C. Add potato slices in batches, turning continuously until light golden and crisp (3-5 minutes). Drain on absorbent paper, then combine in a bowl with sea salt and paprika. Toss to combine and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chefs' RecipesThe Agrarian Kitchen Eatery's Meyer lemon shaker pieYesterday 10:00pm