The bulge in the middle of these tramezzini is a signature of the sandwiches at Harry's Bar in Venice.
- 8 slices soft white bread
- Torn watercress
- For spreading: softened butter
Smoked trout filling
- 200 gm hot smoked trout, flaked, boned
- 100 gm crème fraîche
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 2 heaped tsp baby capers, salted, rinsed
- To taste: lemon juice
- 1For smoked trout, crème fraîche and caper filling, place ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine, season to taste.
- 2Butter 4 slices of bread. Spoon a mound of filling and a few watercress leaves into the centre of each of the remaining slices and sandwich with buttered slices. Press around edges to seal, remove crusts, halve diagonally and serve.
Drink Suggestion: A grassy sémillon sauvignon. Drink suggestion by Max Allen