Scrambled eggs make the perfect base for any number of flavour combinations - here we've gone for the richness of hot-smoked trout offset by fragrant herbs and spicy sriracha for a breakfast guaranteed to please. A handful of roasted salted peanuts would be an excellent addition if you have them to hand.
- 8 eggs
- 250 ml pouring cream (1 cup)
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime, plus extra lime cheeks to serve
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 gm hot-smoked trout
- Bean sprouts, coriander, mint, thinly sliced spring onion and sriracha sauce, to serve
- 1Whisk eggs, cream, rind and juice in a bowl to combine, and season generously to taste. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add egg mixture and cook, gently stirring occasionally, until egg is just set (3-4 minutes).
- 2Top scrambled egg with flaked trout, bean sprouts, coriander, mint and spring onion, drizzle with sriracha and serve with lime cheeks.
Drink Suggestion: Blanc de blancs Champagne Drink suggestion by Max Allen