Ceviche is a classic Peruvian preparation ideal for hot summer days. Use the freshest fish you can find and make this dish on the day you buy it.
- 500 gm pink snapper, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 limes, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 1 ripe but firm mango, diced
- ¼ Spanish onion, finely diced
- 2 long green chillies, thinly sliced
- For drizzling: coconut cream
- To serve: coriander or coriander cress
- 1Combine snapper in a bowl with lime juice and refrigerate until fish turns opaque (10-15 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, combine mango, onion and chilli in a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Arrange snapper on serving plates and season to taste with sea salt flakes. Drizzle with coconut cream and scatter with mango mixture and coriander cress, then serve.