- 2 pink snapper (about 600gm each)
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- 2½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 600 gm cherry tomatoes, large ones halved
- Large pinch dried oregano
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 50 gm pickled jalapeños, chopped, plus 50ml of their pickling liquid
- 100 gm large green olives, cheeks removed
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges (optional), to serve
- ½ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp oregano, plus extra to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place snapper on a tray lined with baking paper, fill cavities with lemon, slices, season to taste, drizzle with oil and roast until cooked through (12-15 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until just softened (3-4 minutes). Add tomatoes and dried oregano, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes start to blister (3-4 minutes). Add wine and jalapeños and their pickling liquid, stir to combine, season to taste and cook until mixture is combined (1-2 minutes). Add lemon juice, parsley and fresh oregano, stir to combine and serve spooned over snapper with extra jalapeños, oregano and lemon wedges.
Drink Suggestion: Mexican lager. Drink suggestion by Max Allen