This recipe is from by Greg and Lucy Malouf.
- 70 gm walnuts ( 2/3 cup)
- 180 gm feta
- 2 tbsp strained yoghurt (see note)
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C. Scatter the walnuts onto a baking tray and roast for 5-10 minutes until a deep golden brown. Tip the nuts into a tea towel and rub well to remove as much skin as possible. Chop the walnuts finely and toss in a sieve to remove any remaining skin and dust.
- 2Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mash everything together thoroughly with a fork. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
For strained yoghurt, spoon 1kg thick natural yoghurt into a clean muslin square or tea towel. Tie the corners together and suspend from a wooden spoon over a deep bowl. Refrigerate overnight to drain.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am