This version of white Christmas is given an adult edge with the addition of dried sour cherries, citrus rind and a hit of liqueur. One for the grown-ups.
- 50 gm natural almonds
- 150 ml pouring cream
- 40 ml Grand Marnier
- 600 gm couverture white chocolate, finely chopped (see note)
- 100 gm rice puffs
- 60 gm dried sour cherries (see note)
- 50 gm glacé orange, diced
- 1Preheat oven to 180C and line a 13cm x 23cm cake tin with baking paper. Spread almonds on an oven tray and roast until darkened (4-5 minutes), cool to room temperature, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- 2Bring cream, Grand Marnier and rinds just to the boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, add chocolate and stand for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Combine rice puffs, sour cherries, almonds and ½ tsp sea salt in a bowl, add chocolate mixture and combine well, then spoon into cake tin, press top to smooth and refrigerate until set (1 hour). Cut into pieces with a hot, wet knife and store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a month.