- 400 gm dried spaghetti
- 50 ml olive oil
- 80 gm mild pancetta, diced
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 250 gm frozen peas
- ½ cup coarsely torn mint, plus extra to serve
- To serve: finely grated pecorino pepato
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (6-7 minutes), drain, then return to pan with 1-2 tbsp pasta water.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add pancetta and cook until it starts to crisp (3-4 minutes). Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender (3-4 minutes). Deglaze pan with wine, add stock and bring to a simmer. Add peas, simmer until tender (2-3 minutes), remove from heat, season to taste and coarsely crush. Toss pea mixture and mint through pasta, season to taste and serve hot or warm scattered with pecorino pepato and extra mint.
Drink Suggestion: Crisp, dry cortese. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm